10 tips to slow down the signs of ageing
Ageing is a natural process that none of us can avoid. As we age, our body undergoes changes in a physiological process that changes the composition in our face. Adipose (fat) tissue reduces, skin becomes dry and wrinkly, and sagging occurs around the eyes and jowls as our energy declines.
Is there any way i can slow down the natural process of ageing?The great news is there are numerous things we can all do and they don’t cost the earth. Here are 10 tips in slowing down the ageing process.
- Eat a nutrient rich diet that contains high amounts of anti-oxidants, beta carotene, fish oils, and vitamins B and E.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, and eating foods high in sugar, greasy fatty foods and refined carbohydrates.
- Avoid smoking, late nights and being consumed by electronic devices.
- Enjoy regular breaks in the day. 10 minutes will positively increase energy levels and improve mental clarity.
- Ensure your digestion, hormones, thyroid and general well-being are at optimal levels. Imbalances in any of these areas will see the ageing process flourish.
- Manage stress and other negative emotions. Although it is important to experience all these emotions, it is detrimental to your ageing process and more importantly your health when these emotions are experienced for the majority of the time.
- Work towards having healthy relationships with family/friends. As we grow, each of us will change based on our personal experiences. For this reason, friendships can often dissolve and relationships can hit road blocks. Discuss your needs and work towards having relationships that feed your soul.
- Avoid negative energy from others. Gossiping, envy, and jealousy are all negative and will instigate the release of inflammatory chemicals in the body. Work towards focusing on your own life and fulfilling your goals in all areas of your life. Remember your body is very disciplined and will simply do what you mind tells it to. So always encourage a positive mindset, avoid watching the news which creates fear and read positive self-help books that can switch your mind over to embracing positivity and success.
- Meditate regularly. A meditative state is a healing state. The immense benefit to your mind, body and soul achieved by meditating both at the start and end of your day is phenomenal.
- Exercise regularly. Encouraging the healthy circulation of blood throughout the entire body and the release of endorphins is fantastic for the health of your mind and body.
Bonus tip 1: Cosmetic AcupunctureHave you tried Cosmetic Acupuncture? This is a form of acupuncture that targets the wrinkles and jowls and improved the circulation of your skin to encourage your body’s natural ability to rejuvenate and revitalise. You won’t look like you have had plastic surgery, but you will have people comment, “You look well”, “Have you been on holiday”, You look rested”. These are the comment patients tell me and they are pleasantly surprised at how good they feel. During this treatment you will receive:
- Facial Massage
- Massage with Gua Sha
- Jade Roller Treatment
- Derma Roller Treatment
- Specialised treatment to target areas of concern
- Body Acupuncture to encourage over health and well being
Bonus tip 2: skin care to beautify your skinThe most important thing you can do is to take care of your skin by using a specialised skincare that is concentrated with healing ingredients such as anti-oxidants, vitamins A, B and E, and healing oils. It should also be free of nasty chemicals such as parabens, and PEGs as these chemicals enter through your skin and go straight to your blood stream.
Your daily regimen (morning and night) should incorporate:
Cleansing – Exfoliating – Hydrating – Rejuvenating
Salubre Cosmeceuticals’ Pearl Brilliance and Emergency Brilliance are luxurious ranges focused on rejuvenating and beautifying mature skin. The best results are achieved by using both ranges to remove toxins that are embedded in the skin, hydrate the skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and rejuvenate the skin with the deeply nourishing day and night creams to plump up the skin. The eyes have their own system with the specialised Instant Revitalising Eye Pads and Revitalising Eye Cream.
For more info, log onto https://www.salubre.com.au/product-category/cosmeceuticals/skin-care/
So there you have it, although ageing is a natural part of life, we can accelerate or slow down this process by the choice we make in caring for our skin.
What do you do to encourage healthier skin? If you have found this article helpful, please share it with your friends on social.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
As the title of this article suggests, many of us are faced with extreme exhaustion, which can often take us down a path of poor health and depression. The important question is WHY? Why do you have little energy? Why are you feeling depressed? Why do you lack motivation? Why can’t you get up in the morning?
The answer is simple; I’m pushing myself, not eating the right food, not exercising, just NOT taking care of myself.
The number of times I have had patients come in with a health concern and answer their own questions with, “I know I’m not doing the right things for myself right now”. This is often followed by excuses that make it ok.
The truth is, it is