Diet Tips for Healthy Winter Skin.
Winter is a beautiful time of year. It’s the time we can snuggle up with a blanket and enjoy warm meals that are filled with nutrition. For some, it can be a time of lethargy and lack of motivation as the days shorten and the nights become cold. It is for that reason our diet needs to alter with the change in season to nourish our mind to regulate emotions, promote gut health to boost immune health and nourish skin health to cope with the change in weather.
When the temperature drops low, so does the moisture level in our environment. It’s normal, so don’t panic over chapped lips and dull, flaky skin. Fortunately, there are things that we can do to avoid these circumstances.
- Hydrate; drinking water is the best way to nourish dryness in the body.
- If you have a normal type of skin, you can try oat-made soaps. The polysaccharides in oats can help protect our skin from dryness. If you can’t find any oat-made soap, you can just get regular oats and use it when you bathe. You will feel it adding moisture to your skin immediately.
- To facilitate moisture, you can use skin oils that you feel comfortable with. Some people rely on coconut oil as it is known to improve moisture and lipid content of the skin. Olive and jojoba oils are also recommended by many experts.
- You can apply cream to the areas in your skin that are extremely dry like the callouses in your feet.
- To prevent further dryness, avoid using alcohol-based products for your face and switch to a milder formula.
- Foods that improve your mood and the feeling of wellbeing contain tryptophan. Tryptophan increases serotonin in the brain which helps you feel happier. These foods include turkey, chicken, lamb, beef, fish such as tuna, salmon
- Again, drink water!
Also I always encourage people to keep exercising as this will help promote circulation in the skin, regulate blood glucose levels and lift mood to keep you motivated and enthusiastic through the winter months. A sneaky weekend get away ia always a great way to recharge and nurture you body during winter so when the warmer days come you will be energised and revitalised to enjoy the great outdoors.,
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
A few weeks ago I had the privilege of presenting this topic on the Anti-Ageing Stage at the Beauty Expo in Sydney.
Although the audience was filled with beauty therapists, dermal therapists, cosmetologists and the like, it was met with great interest due to the likes of Nicki Hilton and Victoria Secret Models Brooks Nadar and Jasmine Arora being big fans of this facial.