6 Ways to Quickly Reverse the Effects of Over-Indulging Over Easter.
Working in clinic this morning (Easter Monday) saw a common conversation almost had by each patient. “I ate too much yesterday and I feel horrible.”
So how to you bounce back from over-indulging or eating food that isn’t best suited to your current state of health?
For some of us, some types of foods can be toxic. Sugar, dairy, gluten, eggs etc. all can generate a negative immunological response. I know in myself, if I was to eat one of the above foods I could easily see a flare up of psoriasis on my skin.
This occurs because the food generates an inflammatory response which my body doesn’t like.
Those affected by Celiac Disease, IBS, Crohn’s, Eczema, Acne, Psoriasis, Sensitive skin etc. can all experience a flare up in their condition if the ‘wrong food’ is consumed.
If you are feeling the effect of over eating, here is 6 ways to encourage the quick detoxification of these toxins from your body:
- Drink 2-3 litres of filtered water. This will encourage your body’s natural processes of eliminating toxins.
- Eat detoxifying vegetables such as beetroots, green leafy vegetables, broccoli sprouts, spinach, kale.
- Enjoy a vegetable juice with flaxseeds. Flaxseeds are a great way to clear toxins from your bowel. That way we don’t get the elimination of toxins through our skin, which is the ideal process of elimination for people with skin complaints.
- Take your supplements and add a probiotic in the mix. Fish oils, zinc, vitamin E and selenium are anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that help the body deal with the “toxic” foods.
- Bath in Sea Salts or Calcium Bentonite clay. A great way to eliminate toxins through the skin without an adverse reaction in the skin. If you are consuming 2-3 litres of water and are wanting to clear more toxins, consume a teaspoon of clay in water once per day until you feel better. The clay binds to toxins and if you drink enough water, it will eliminate the toxins through your bowel and help it clear at a much faster rate.
- Don’t add more stress on your system with negative emotions. Feeling relaxed and happy will help your body’s own natural ability to detoxify. Meditate or go for a gentle nature walk will encourage your body to do what comes naturally to it.
Most importantly don’t feel bad about over eating. You probably had a great time connecting with family and friends.
On the flip side, use the feeling you are experiencing right now as a way to curb temptation for future events/celebrations so that you are less likely to experience a flare up of bad health.
I’d love to hear other ways you have encouraged the detoxification of toxins from your body and if this has been helpful, it would be great if you could share this info with your friends. Happy Detoxing, Irene
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
As the title of this article suggests, many of us are faced with extreme exhaustion, which can often take us down a path of poor health and depression. The important question is WHY? Why do you have little energy? Why are you feeling depressed? Why do you lack motivation? Why can’t you get up in the morning?
The answer is simple; I’m pushing myself, not eating the right food, not exercising, just NOT taking care of myself.
The number of times I have had patients come in with a health concern and answer their own questions with, “I know I’m not doing the right things for myself right now”. This is often followed by excuses that make it ok.
The truth is, it is