Spring is Here - What to eat and how to prepare for the season ahead!
Spring is the time of year where everything starts to blossom. With a splash of warmer weather everyone’s spirit starts to lift. Now is the time to regenerate which makes Spring an ideal time to detox. I’m not a huge advocate of severe detox programs however many people gain a small amount of weight through eating heavy, hearty meals during winter. Spring is the time to shed those extra kilos and start enjoying the outdoors.
Look out for next week's blog on detox programs and the detox program i recommend to all my patients that detoxes without shocking your bodyBelow are some foods to add to your spring diet: VEGETABLES: Asparagus, Beetroot, Cabbage, Carrots, Fennel, Lettuce, Mint, Parsley, Peas, Spinach, Turnips FRUITS: Apricots, Apples and Pears MEATS: Chicken,Turkey FISH: Atlantic Mackerel, Bluefish, Monkfish, Pacific Salmon, Red Snapper Spring Handy Hints Spring is the time to attend to your liver and gallbladder. Psoriasis sufferers often have a sluggish liver so this time of year is even more important. This can be achieved by:
- Minimising fats and heavy meals
- Eat light with more steamed foods rather than grilled or baked
- Exercise aids detoxification in the liver especially when combined with plenty of filtered water
- Start to incorporate more raw foods into your diet with gently cooked stir-fry meals or salads. Consume salads and other cold raw foods in moderation
- Meditation will benefit the liver, an organ often affected by negative emotions such as anger, irritability and sadness.
- Get outdoors and enjoy the improved weather. Great to start replenishing your Vitamin D levels and walk barefoot on the grass. This is called earthing and its a great way to regenerate lost energy stores and improve mental clarity. Look out for future posts on earthing.
- A great way to rejuvenate is by improving happiness. This is accomplished differently in each of us; for some it may be meeting up with friends, watching a happy movie or spending more time in nature. Whatever it is for you, this is the time of year to indulge and be happy.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
As the title of this article suggests, many of us are faced with extreme exhaustion, which can often take us down a path of poor health and depression. The important question is WHY? Why do you have little energy? Why are you feeling depressed? Why do you lack motivation? Why can’t you get up in the morning?
The answer is simple; I’m pushing myself, not eating the right food, not exercising, just NOT taking care of myself.
The number of times I have had patients come in with a health concern and answer their own questions with, “I know I’m not doing the right things for myself right now”. This is often followed by excuses that make it ok.
The truth is, it is