To Detox or not to detox.....
Detox diets have saturated our television commercials, magazines, radios, and newspapers.
Often they are associated with claims that weight loss will occur in weeks or sometimes even days.
Unfortunately we live in a time of wanting results yesterday and we aren't prepared to make compromises to our diet to get it.
Over winter we all tend to gain a little weight and often when spring arrives we try and source a detox program to get us back into shape.
Weight loss is easily achieved if your digestive function, thyroid function, and hormonal regulation are optimal. Simply reduce the calories that you eat and increase the energy expenditure you do.
The only detox diet I would recommend is the one listed below. Dramatically starving yourself and consuming drinks that contain all sorts of unhealthy ingredients isn’t ideal to eliminate toxic build up.
This detox program utilises strategies to promote better digestive health and the efficient elimination of toxins through the gastrointestinal tract.
- Follow your blood type diet
- Go Organic
- Drink two-three litres of warm filtered water daily
- Stop all sugar, alcohol, caffeine and smoking
These elements introduce more toxins in the body making any detox program you're undertaking ineffective. To be effective you need to stop entirely all irritating foods during a detox.
5. Relaxation methods Yoga and meditation will help calm the mind and promote the detoxifying process. These relaxation techniques improve general health and promote wellbeing. If your body works optimally the process of eliminating toxins will be quick and efficient, making the detox process more effective.
6. Mild to moderate exercise It’s a great way to promote blood circulation and promote the elimination of toxins through the bowels. The large intestine is a muscle and exercise tones all the muscles of the body. The result is improved peristalsis of the large intestine and regular bowel movements.
Click on these links for further information. To achieve optimal health, I recommend this detox program be overseen by a healthcare practitioner to ensure that it is suitable for your health and that it is done for the duration it is needed to be done to gain the desired outcome.
Leave a comment below and let me know felt during the detox, whether you had an increase in energy or any questions you might have leave them in the comments section below and I will answer them for you.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
As the title of this article suggests, many of us are faced with extreme exhaustion, which can often take us down a path of poor health and depression. The important question is WHY? Why do you have little energy? Why are you feeling depressed? Why do you lack motivation? Why can’t you get up in the morning?
The answer is simple; I’m pushing myself, not eating the right food, not exercising, just NOT taking care of myself.
The number of times I have had patients come in with a health concern and answer their own questions with, “I know I’m not doing the right things for myself right now”. This is often followed by excuses that make it ok.
The truth is, it is