To Detox or not to detox.....
Detox diets have saturated our television commercials, magazines, radios, and newspapers.
Often they are associated with claims that weight loss will occur in weeks or sometimes even days.
Unfortunately we live in a time of wanting results yesterday and we aren't prepared to make compromises to our diet to get it.
Over winter we all tend to gain a little weight and often when spring arrives we try and source a detox program to get us back into shape.
Weight loss is easily achieved if your digestive function, thyroid function, and hormonal regulation are optimal. Simply reduce the calories that you eat and increase the energy expenditure you do.
The only detox diet I would recommend is the one listed below. Dramatically starving yourself and consuming drinks that contain all sorts of unhealthy ingredients isn’t ideal to eliminate toxic build up.
This detox program utilises strategies to promote better digestive health and the efficient elimination of toxins through the gastrointestinal tract.
- Follow your blood type diet
- Go Organic
- Drink two-three litres of warm filtered water daily
- Stop all sugar, alcohol, caffeine and smoking
These elements introduce more toxins in the body making any detox program you're undertaking ineffective. To be effective you need to stop entirely all irritating foods during a detox.
5. Relaxation methods Yoga and meditation will help calm the mind and promote the detoxifying process. These relaxation techniques improve general health and promote wellbeing. If your body works optimally the process of eliminating toxins will be quick and efficient, making the detox process more effective.
6. Mild to moderate exercise It’s a great way to promote blood circulation and promote the elimination of toxins through the bowels. The large intestine is a muscle and exercise tones all the muscles of the body. The result is improved peristalsis of the large intestine and regular bowel movements.
Click on these links for further information. To achieve optimal health, I recommend this detox program be overseen by a healthcare practitioner to ensure that it is suitable for your health and that it is done for the duration it is needed to be done to gain the desired outcome.
Leave a comment below and let me know felt during the detox, whether you had an increase in energy or any questions you might have leave them in the comments section below and I will answer them for you.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
The colder weather has certainly started to settle in and yet it seems all the summer fruits are still around. This is positively confusing and quite irritating to your general wellbeing.
First of all, I’d like to share what the impact is on your health when eating foods that are grown in the opposite season to where you live and secondly, will identify which foods are best consumed now and why.
Enjoying the nice warm Autumn breeze is a welcomed relief to the hot Summer sun but for many this breeze can lead to skin flare ups, dry, flaky skin and itchiness all over the body.
So why does Autumn seem to have such a negative effect on our skin?
I can’t tell you the number of patients that have commented on their skin being more dry and having this uncontrollable itch that never seems to go away. In Chinese Medicine, wind causes itchiness.....