What does your poop say about You?
On a daily basis I ask patients about their poop. Many people feel awkward about having a discussion about this topic but the quality of your poop is directly linked to the state of health you are in. Often I have people say, “Oh its normal” and just with a few extra questions it is far from normal.
So today I want to talk to you about your poop.
In an ideal world you would expect your poop to be:
- Solid and easy to pass.
- Regular – daily (at least once if not more).
- Fully eliminated: the sensation you still need to go indicates you are not fully eliminating your stools.
- Brown in colour – due to the presence of bile. Darker stools can result from taking vitamins such as Iron. If your stools are black and you are NOT taking Iron supplements it could indicate bleeding in the Gastro-Intestinal Tract.
- Sloppy/loose stools
- Watery stools
- Urgency in passing stools
- Hard pebble-like stools
- Mucous in the stools
- Blood in the stools
- Pale stools
- Dark Stools
- An inability to fully eliminate your stools
- Irregular bowel motions
- IBS, Crohn’s, Colitis, Celiac Disease and other disorders of the GIT.
- Inflammation in the body which also affects the bowel
- Stress, anxiety, depression, nervousness and other emotions
- Long term illness can lead to malnutrition causing pale stools
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Auto-immune disorders
- Dysbiosis in the gut microbiome
So as you can see our quality of poop simply reflects our inner health and there isn’t a simple answer for any change in stools. When change occurs, visit your health care practitioner to discuss your symptoms and signs so to understand where the ill health is manifesting from.
In Chinese Medicine, there are many herbs that work to encourage a healthier digestion as well as improve the state of your health. The sooner you address these issues, the sooner you start feeling healthy and energetic. A problem ignored just creates louder symptoms that lead to the manifestation of a diseased body.
Treatment for symptoms is more proficient when addressed early. Digestive issues are very common and for this reason we have formulated an organic herbal tea to help with healing the gut health. Digest and Detox Tea is a newly formulated tea in our range of herbal teas. It is formulated to:
- Enhance digestion
- Encourage the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system with the healthy elimination of stools.
- Address digestive upsets such as bloating, indigestion, curb sugar cravings and encourage glucose metabolism.
Find out more here: https://www.salubre.com.au/product/digest-and-detox-tea/
Don’t forget to leave any comments or insights below in the comments section and share this article with anyone you know would benefit to learn more about their poop.
Stay tuned for next week’s article. Yours in Great Health, Irene
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
As the title of this article suggests, many of us are faced with extreme exhaustion, which can often take us down a path of poor health and depression. The important question is WHY? Why do you have little energy? Why are you feeling depressed? Why do you lack motivation? Why can’t you get up in the morning?
The answer is simple; I’m pushing myself, not eating the right food, not exercising, just NOT taking care of myself.
The number of times I have had patients come in with a health concern and answer their own questions with, “I know I’m not doing the right things for myself right now”. This is often followed by excuses that make it ok.
The truth is, it is
The colder weather has certainly started to settle in and yet it seems all the summer fruits are still around. This is positively confusing and quite irritating to your general wellbeing.
First of all, I’d like to share what the impact is on your health when eating foods that are grown in the opposite season to where you live and secondly, will identify which foods are best consumed now and why.