1 Kg Biodynamic Lamb Mince
1 Teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
1 Bunch Fresh Organic Parsley, finely chopped
1 Bunch Fresh Organic Oregano, finely chopped
1 Bunch Fresh Organic Mint, finely chopped
6 Large Organic Sweet Potatoes
6 Organic Zucchinis
100mls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Liter Pureharvest Organic Nature’s Soy Milk,
Malt-Free and Gluten-Free
½ Teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5 Tablespoons Organic Brown Rice Flour
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Marinate the lamb with 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Place the lamb in a heated 2 litre non-stick saucepan and sauté for 30 minutes.
- Add herbs and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Add 1 glass of water and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes. Ensure there is broth remaining in the lamb mixture and if not add a small amount of water during the cooking process.
- While the lamb mince is cooking, peel and slice potatoes and zucchini into ½cm thickness.
- Season the potatoes and zucchini with the sea salt. Place the potatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place tray under the grill for 5 minutes both sides or until golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the zucchini slices, grill for 20 minutes on either side.
- Once the potatoes, zucchini and lamb mince are ready, prepare your kitchen bench by placing a lasagne dish on the kitchen bench with all ingredients close by.
- Place 1 layer of cooked potatoes on the base of the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, repeat the process with the zucchini.
- Pour the entire lamb mince over the zucchini including the thickened broth. Repeat the layering process with the potatoes and zucchini.
Prepare the Sauce
- Place the soy milk into a medium sized sauce pan.
- Add the sea salt, olive oil and rice flour to ¼ of a cup of soy milk and stir thoroughly. When the flour has dissolved thoroughly add to the soy milk already in the saucepan on the stove and heat, continuously stirring the mixture until it boils, reduce the heat and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Then pour the sauce over the moussaka, ensuring you spread the sauce evenly over the zucchini.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven of 180ºC for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
Quick Tip: Moussaka freezes really well, so why not divide the portions evenly and place individual pieces in freezer bags and store in the freezer. This will provide a very quick and easy meal with no fuss!