Roasted Turkey with delicious Almond Crust
Turkey is a great meal to maintain the sensation of fullness for a long period of time while having a positive impact on emotions, sleep and the feeling of wellbeing. A fantastic meal to improve your emotional state of mind!
Turkey contains tryptophan which is an essential amino acid. The word essential indicates it must be included in your diet in order for your body to use it for various physiological processes. A great tip is roast a whole turkey breast and carve it with an electric knife into thin slices and store them in individual freezer bags. This way you can enjoy the benefits of turkey on a regular basis.
- 5kg Free Range Turkey Breast
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Organic Oregano, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Organic Mint, finely chopped
- 150g Roasted Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon Celtic Sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place turkey breast skin side up in a baking dish.
- Lift the skin and season with the sea salt, olive oil, herbs and roasted almonds.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and cover with foil leaving the edges slightly open to allow steam to escape.
- For every 1kg of turkey weight cook for 60 minutes.
- When cooking time has elapsed remove foil and allow turkey to brown evenly. Remove the turkey from the oven and rest 30 minutes before carving. Carve the turkey with an electric knife.
BONUS: Roasting your own almonds
Place the almonds in a small saucepan and cover them with filtered water.
Bring the water to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes. Strain the water from the saucepan and allow them to cool.
Remove the skin and place the almonds on a non- stick baking tray. Place the tray under the grill.
Keep watch, when the almonds become golden brown, turn them over to the other side. Once both sides have roasted, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool before mixing them with the herbs.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 90 minutes